- About us
- Visas and citizenship
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- Development cooperation
- About Australia
- Australia-Indonesia relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Immigration staff from the Immigration Section (Embassy) are at the AVAC (Jakarta only) to answer enquiries between 10am and 12pm every Tuesday.
You may use the telephone to communicate directly to the Immigration Section. Our telephone service operates every weekday during our business hours.
We prefer that you contact us via email - our emails are reviewed daily and you will receive a reply within 48 hours. Please send us emails which are below 5mb in size, or consider sending larger emails as several smaller emails.
The Embassy has airport-like security and clients are not generally seen at the Australian Embassy. See the information and contact details above if you wish to contact us.
The Immigration Section of the Australian Embassy welcomes your contact and your feedback. You may send us an email, complete an online feedback form. For more information about feedback, including DIAC’s feedback policies, see the Feedback section of the immigration website.
General Immigration information
- Contact Us – Jakarta
- Australian Visa Application Centre (Jakarta and Bali)
- Email (Immigration, Jakarta) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Forms – General Immigration forms
- Forms – Index
- Form 956 – Appointing a migration agent
- Form 956A – Appointing any other person
- Information Forms and migration booklets
Visas processed in other locations
- Business long stay (457): Australian business sponsor: Australian busniess sponsor.
- Business long stay (457): Overseas business sponsor. From 1 October 2010, sponsorships will be processed in the Singapore High Commission.
- General Skilled migration
- Business skills
- Parent migration
- Special program visa (416)
- Entertainment visa (420)
- Occupational trainee visa (442)
- Sponsored family visitor (679)